Working to ensure the safety of our COMMUNITY
We are really excited to be able to reopen our arts and crafts educational space at Tecstiliau and are looking forward to welcoming our community back; while also meeting new visitors.
Some things will seem a little different here for the next few months, however, we hope that you will feel at able to be creative and relax in our space.
We know that the following information is important and hope that you will take the time to read and understand it before you arrive. That way, we can help to keep Tecstiliau safe for all of our staff and visitors, which is our number one priority at this time.
We have introduced new health and safety measures throughout the space to help reduce the risks of spreading Covid-19. These are in line with government advice. Our risk assessments and all health and safety information is available to view. Please contact us if you’d like to see a copy.
Have you booked online via our website?
As before, tickets and registration for our events takes place online.
It is important that you register and purchase tickets online so that we can reduce the risks of using cash; while also documenting
who is attending our events.
Please either print your ticket confirmation
or have it available via a mobile device.
Personal Preparation for your Visit
Please bring a face covering. As of Monday, 14 September 2020, face coverings will be essential. Whilst we have put many measures in place, including additional cleaning, we cannot provide face coverings for every visitor due to the additional cost.
Please bring your own food and drinks with you for the day. We are unable to offer hot drinks and snacks during our initial reopening.
- Please check our social media pages for any last-minute updates and/or closures.
During Your Visit
To help make everyones experience enjoyable and safe we ask that you:
Please wear your face covering while indoors. You may remove your face covering to eat and drink.
Respect the social distancing signs and spacing of chairs and tables.
Please adhere to social distancing at all times; please be aware of the people around you and respect their space.
Respect the one-way system signs around the space.
- There are new information signs and instructions throughout the space, displaying key messages and information. We kindly ask that you adhere to the notices at all times, for the safety of yourself, other visitors and staff.
- Hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser will be provided when you arrive.
- We have introduced new capacity limits for our facilities and events. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- We will be keeping doors open, wherever possible, to reduce touch points. As well as opening windows, when possible, to ensure additional ventilation around the space.
- We have introduced an enhanced cleaning routine. This means more frequent cleaning throughout the day.
- As with our staff, we politely request that all our visitors up-hold the highest possible hygiene standards, through regular hand washing and/or the frequent application of hand sanitiser. This will help to keep us all safe.
If you require First Aid during your visit please speak to a member of our staff.
Please pay attention to the instruction and guidance of our staff.
Adapting Our Space & Events
Like many organisations we are having to adapt our offerings as follows:
We have reduced our visitor capacity for workshops to allow for social distancing, even smaller group numbers and for the best possible visitor experience.
We have advised our larger groups of our new space capacity to ensure we are able to maintain social distancing within the space.
We are offering new online events and resources to develop information and events for all members of our community.
Bookings for our workshop events will close approximately 5 days in advance to help us prepare materials and resources.